First Things First — The FAFSA!
All students should complete the federal 政府ernment’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://studentaid.Administration / h /申请援助/ fafsa. TCL的校号是009910. You must complete the FAFSA for all financial aid including the SC Lottery 学费援助 program.
|To ensure funds are available before your fees are due, students are strongly encouraged to submit all documents by the following dates:|
File Completion: April 15, 2023
File Completion: November 15, 2023
Loan Requests: November 15, 2023
File Completion: April 15, 2024
Loan Requests: April 15, 2024
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://studentaid.Administration / h /申请援助/ fafsa.
- Enter TCL’s Federal School Code, 009910, on the FAFSA for all campuses.
- If you and/or your parent need to apply for an FSA ID, go to fsaid.ed.政府.
- Students must complete a FAFSA each academic year.
- Have all parent/student tax information, W-2s, social security numbers available.
- You may be able to import the student and/or parent tax information to your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Answer ALL questions truthfully and complete all requested sections.
Sign the FAFSA using the FSA ID and click submit.
- Ensure that your FAFSA has been submitted successfully via the confirmation page.
有FAFSA问题吗? 看看 these helpful videos on everything FAFSA and get your questions answered.
Check your Self Service and TCL Email
在你提交FAFSA之后, it will take approximately 7 to 10 business days for the TCL 金融援助 Office to receive your information. Once received, you will be contacted via your TCL student email account. All financial aid information including, 但不限于, 你的FAFSA状态, 优秀的需求, and your financial aid award letter can be found in your Self Service account under the 金融援助 module. Links to any outstanding required documents will be accessible through Self Service. Please check your TCL student email account and Self Service often!
我们是来帮忙的! 联系 the Office of 金融援助 at email@example.com.
If You Are Selected For Verification
TCL is required to verify certain information provided by a student or parent (if dependent) on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications requiring review are flagged by the US Department of 教育 and the student will be selected for verification.
Students will be notified via their TCL student email concerning verification requirements. Information on how to resolve these requirements will be listed in the student’s Self Service account under the 金融援助 module. The type of documents required for submission will vary from student to student. Please note that using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to populate your FAFSA tax information will make the verification process more efficient because the tax information will be verified by the IRS Data Retrieval.
Upon completion of verification an award change could occur. Your expected family contribution (EFC) could increase, decrease or remain the same. A change in EFC could have an effect on federal/state grant eligibility and student loans.
We encourage students and/or their families to submit all documents to the 金融援助 Office as soon as possible for quickest processing. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for all submitted documents to be reviewed. Processing times may increase during peak times.